Freephone Wayne 0800 425 772
With Alps 2 Ocean you will get :
Regular shuttle and transfers around the Rakaia and Rangitata Rivers,
An experienced local outdoor guide who wants to help enhance your Te Araroa trail journey while you pass through our region.
Local advice and suggestions for food purchase, camping , accommodation or alternative trail options.
If you are using my services you can arrange to send a food parcel to me.
Transfer options. To/From/approx times for SOBOS and NOBOS
- Geraldine From 8 30 am
- Mesopotamia /Bush Stream 10 15 am
- Methven 12.00
- Glenrock stream trailhead (Rakaia) 1.00 pm
- Lake Georgina( 2234 km ) on Harper Road approx 2:30 pm
- Coleridge village 3 15 pm then drop in Methven
- Mt Potts trailhead 5.00 pm to Geraldine at 6 pm
- Overnight at a free river campsite or in Geraldine for resupply then continue to bush stream next morning.
- Other locations can be
- Lake Tekapo -by arrangement
- Roundhill -by arrangement
- Christchurch Airport- by arrangement
Many hikers are using mountain bikes as a way of breaking the monotony of those longer gravel road sections. We either meet you with the cycles, helmet, repair kit, and lightweight cycle trailers or leave it locked at a prearranged point. With the trailers, you are able to carry your own pack easily be independent and not as tied to gear pickups from transfer vehicles. The bikes can then be locked up again at your destination for us to pick up when we can. Increasingly more TA hikers are cycling the Alps 2 Ocean trail between Lake Tekapo and Lake Ohau (100 kms)which also is the route for some of the Te Araroa trail. Cycles can be used by SOBO and NOBO walkers.
Cycle hire is on a daily basis per person. We provide the bike lock combination when a booking is confirmed. Cost from $80 pp, for a days hire.
Cycle Options are :
- Lake Tekapo to Twizel via canal route 60 kms or Braemar Road
- Twizel to Lake Ohau Lodge 35 kms
- Bush Stream trailhead to Geraldine 72 kms
Harper Village /Wilberforce River to Glenrock stream trailhead.
Freedom Hire of boats, paddles and paddling gear.
We meet you at the Harper village campsite where you change into our river gear and take, dry bags for lunch and personal items. We then meet about 3 hours later with your pack at the Glenrock Stream trailhead.
This is a lovely grade 2 wilderness kayak for about 18 kms. It saves you a big shuttle or walk around the Rakaia and you get a real added adventure.
Min Charge 2 people.eg $205 pp then $100 pp for each extra
Kayak experience required as its self- guided. We can help with food pickup on the day if you need some fresh supplies.