With Alps 2 Ocean you will get :
Knowledgeable experienced local outdoor guides willing to help make your Te Araroa trail experience safe and rewarding while you pass through our region.If needed, we provide local advice and suggestions for food purchase or extra gear needs if you have any.
Transfer Prices are based on a set minimum price for 2 people plus each additional person thereafter.
Transfer options. To/From
- Harper Village campsite (by the Wilberforce)
- Lake Coleridge village
- Glenrock stream Trailhead
- Mt Potts Trailhead
- Mesopotamia /Bush Stream
- Round Hill /Lake Tekapo
- Lake Ohau trailhead
Many hikers are using mountain bikes as a way of breaking the monotony of those longer gravel road sections.We usually meet you with the cycles,helmet, repairkit, maps and small pannier bags (we can transport your large packs to your destination). Increasingly more TA hikers are cycling the Alps 2 Ocean trail between Lake Tekapo and Lake Ohau (100 kms)which also is the route for some of the Te Araroa trail. This is great cycling mostly on canalroads or tracks that have been closed to traffic. Cycles can be used by South and North bound walkers.
Cycle hire is on a daily basis per person, all gear provided and your luggage transferred to accommodation or campsites daily.
Minimum 2 persons for cycle usually required, but at times we can offer for individuals. Day rates from $100 to $150 inclusive.
Cycle Options are :
- Harper river Campsite to Rakaia Bridge camp(50 Kms) and then a transfer to Methven if required,or cycle to Lake Coleridge village (26km) combined with an assisted river crossing of the Rakaia River by inflatable kayak to a campsite on the South Side. It is 14 kms upstream to the Glenrock stream trailhead from there.
- Roundhill Skifield road to Lake Tekapo 26 kms (you must call 24 hours ahead from Stag Saddle and ridgeline to confirm)
- Lake Tekapo to Twizel via canal route 55kms or Braemar Road route 70 kms
- Twizel to Lake Ohau Lodge/Ohau Range approx. 36 kms. Riding the Alps 2 Ocean Trail section is recommended.
Harper Village /Wilberforce River to Glenrock stream trailhead.
Freedom Hire of boats, paddles ,paddling gear.
We meet you at the Wilberforce River put in, provide briefing and then meet about 3 hours later with your gear at The Glenrock stream Trailhead.
This is an lovely grade 2 kayak for about 18 kms.It saves you a big shuttle or walk around the Rakaia and you get a real added adventure.
Min Charge 2 people .Kayak experience required. Can help with food package pickup if needed.
Example costings are based on a price for 2 people/ then additional for each extra person
- Peel Forest to Mesopotamia$100 2 persons/$20 pp each xtra
- Geraldine to Mesopotamia$130 / $25pp
- Mt Somers to Mesopotamia$160 / 25 pp
- Mt Potts to Mesopotamia$220 / $30 pp
- Geraldine to Round Hill $260/ $40 pp
- Harper Cycle and Rakaia crossing option$270/ $100
- Harper Kayak and gear shuttle to Glenrock stream $360/ $100
- Lake Tekapo to Twizel cycle ride and gear transfer $280 2 persons/$110 each extra